It's clear. We should all be terribly afraid of an 18-inch tall Roo when he's on the loose.Exotic dancers? Okey dokey.
Exotic animals? Oh, hell no.
Don't get me wrong---I'm all for exotic things, but the City of Wichita begs to differ.
Joe Freed, a resident of Wichita, Kansas, has prompted the City to consider a potential ban on wallabies as pets after his 10-month-old pet wallaby sprung itself from its domestic pokey last week and hopped-off on a city excursion.
Ownership of an exotic animal in Wichita is a ticketable offense, but there's currently no verbiage that addresses marsupials. (clearly an oversight on the City Council's part) The Tammar Wallaby (native to Australia) ain't no pound puppy, though --- with a price tag of $1000 to $5000 each, I think Mr. Freed should keep a better eye on his companion. I mean, I have 2 cats from a shelter in Japan that cost me $40, and I freak out when I can't find one for an hour.
Click HERE for story.
No comments:
Post a Comment